This guide assists with using our “NICE DCV for Windows with UDP/QUIC (GPU, g4 with NVIDIA Gaming Drivers)” AMI from the AWS Marketplace.
Please follow these steps to use the AMI:
- Make sure the instance security groups allow inbound traffic to TCP and UDP port 8443.
- Configure the instance to have the role to access the license file as per https://docs.aws.amazon.com/dcv/latest/adminguide/setting-up-license.html in case want to remove the license missing warning.
- Download and install the NICE DCV native client from https://download.nice-dcv.com/ for your OS in case not yet installed. For Windows a portable version is available as well.
- Start the DCV client -> Click “Connection Settings” -> Click “Advanced” -> Select “QUIC” in pulldown menu -> Click ok.
The setting should look similar to this:
- Connect to your remote machine by the entering your FQDN or external IP address in the address field.
- Authenticate using username and password you can find in the EC2 console when clicking the “Connect” option of the instance.
Please note: You can also switch to the standard TCP based DCV protocol in the “Connection Settings” step above to compare performance of both protocols – TCP and QUIC/UDP.
Note: the nVidia Gaming Performance drivers do not support multi-monitor at the moment. In case you need DCV multi-monitor support please get in touch with us.