Today the NICE team released the new version DCV 2022.2. The NICE DCV release contains the following new features among other enhancements:
- Monitor selection for Windows client – users can now choose which local displays should be used for a full-screen remote session to a Windows host.
- Support for Retina displays – improves user experience when using the DCV client for macOS operating system with high pixel density Retina displays.
- Printer redirection for DCV client on macOS and Linux – allows customers to use printers configured on their client devices.
- Time zone redirection – users can now configure sessions on Windows hosts to use the client’s local time zone.
- NICE DCV Web Client SDK and Web UI SDK – upgraded to Cloudscape Design System, to improve user experience.
- NICE DCV Connection Gateway – the Gateway now exposes new metrics administrators can use to monitor gateway instances.
- Added a GNOME-Shell extension for Ubuntu 22.04 to support single sign on for console sessions.
- Added VAAPI based encoder on AMD GPUs when using the open source drivers.