For easy to use scenarios of NICE DCV on AWS the NICE DCV for Linux AWS Marketplace offering of has been created: NICE DCV for Linux.
Here are the Usage Instructions – or follow our detailed guide to quickstart DCV on AWS:
- Make sure the instance security groups allow inbound traffic to TCP port 8443.
- Make sure the instance has the role to access the license file. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/dcv/latest/adminguide/setting-up-license.html
- Connect to your remote machine with ssh -i <your-pem-key> ec2-user@<public-dns>
- Set the password for the ec2-user with sudo passwd ec2-user. This is the password you will use to log in DCV.
- b. create a DCV virtual session using command `dcv create-session <name-of-your-session> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/dcv/latest/adminguide/managing-sessions.html 4.
- Connect to your remote machine with the NICE DCV native client or web client using https://<public_dns>:8443.
More information can be found at the NICE DCV for Linux listing.